Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Flare-up around the world!

I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while but I have good reason! I haven't been feeling good at all lately and I was hoping that it would pass like in september but alas early on tuesday morning I called a friend/colleague to take me to the hospital. My flare-up had gotten worse than I thought it would and there was nothing I could do except seek help. Luckily I have made some very good friends here whom have helped me through this rough patch. I'm feeling a better and hopefully tomorrow I will feel even more so.

I don't really like hospitals except for the fact that they always make me feel better but this was an experience unlike any other before in France. For the first time being here I really wanted to find an english speaker. I was scared that my situation wasn't clear and that I wasn't expressing myself clearly to the doctors and nurses. On a positive note though, I learned so much vocabulary in the last two days to last me a lifetime! My flare-up was exactly the same as the one in april with the same MRI scans and all which was interesting but I got through april and I'll get through this one too and there won't be another. I thought I was serious about beating this disease before but now I am just dead set on putting myself into remission. I can't keep going on like I am and if there is the slightest chance that I won't have to have surgery in the future I am going to do everything in my power to take it.

For now though, I am back on the steroids and staying the next night at a friend-colleague's house. Mme S was worried about me being alone. Another bonus too is that the school is installing a phone in my apartment so that if I need to call anyone in the building such as the headmaster or nurse in the night I can. Everyone in the building seemed pissed that I called Mme H to take me but she's the only one I could think of that would help and not think I'm crazy. Plus it was 2:30 in the morning and everyone works the next day and I knew Mme H doesn't on tuesdays.

The hospital as it turns out is in St. Flour which is about a good 20 minute drive from st. chely. I have to go back to see the gastroenterologist next week but I have a colleague who lives there that can give me a ride hopefully. It's a smallish hospital that is undergoing renovations on pretty much all floors. I had room to myself for a half day and then this really old deaf woman came. I have nothing against old, sad, sick people but this lady was crazy. She peed and pood in her diaper during the night not telling anyone and I had to ring the nurse for her. Needless to say I ddn't sleep well in that stink. Then the next morning she pood with the door open and left poo all over the seat and lid. I felt so bad for her because no one came to visit her.

Much love and until the next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment