Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Spring has finally come!

March 20th, 2010 ....

I’ve found the theme song for this year finally. I find that every year of my life there is a song that represents it or reminds me of that period of my life because it was on the radio so often. This year, it’s more the lyrics that attracted me to it as it is quite old but all the same how I felt about this year : 3x5 by John Mayer. I encourage all of you to go out and listen to it, and maybe, think of me. J

Today I’m able to sit in the courtyard where it’s not that windy and the sun is coming and going. I wish I had brought my book out to read too ! I could definitely spend forever outside on days like this.

This past week I went to Montpellier with Mme H since she had a formation on “the voice” within the classroom. I thought it would mostly be language teachers and that we would learn how to effectly teach pronunciation but alas I was wrong. It was how to get the students to effectively listen to us teachers while we are teaching. I don’t really need help on that front as my voice can carry pretty well but I could definitely see why some of the teachers were there. I spent all of Wednesday in seminar and the Thursday I told Mme H that I preferred sleeping in a little and going into town all day. On Wednesday night we decided to do a little shopping and see a movie. The movie was so funny and cute! I definitely recommend L’Arnacoeur to everyone! It was just like a normal American chick flick but in French! (this is jackpot gold for me.) Since it was St. Patrick’s Day everyone was out about in the streets and Mme H really wanted to find this pub and have a beer. I wasn’t really in the mood but I went along anyways since it was only 10 p.m. We found this brasserie and she seemed so disappointed and wanted a pub but this place was packed and I said if anything this is the place to be! We each had a pint and after that decided to head back to the hotel since she had to get up early the next day.

Thursday morning at breakfast we decided to meet up for lunch at the seminar building cause the lunch there is cheap. We took our teas in town though since it wasn’t that far to walk. I bought two more books at fnac during the morning. Vol de nuit and la prochaine fois. I am almost done with the first and I’m sure I get to the second this week. After tea I stayed and read a little while Mme H went back to her seminar. I had been looking for this used bookstore all morning and after I left I finally found it. Needless to say I spent about an hour in there (I bought la Chartreuse de Parme) after which I went on my search for the carafe d’eau that Mme M has. I had no luck on this front but I figure that I’ll find it somewhere soon. She said she got it long ago at some random cheap store so it’s got to be sold somewhere!

It was wonderful to spend some time in a city but I was glad when four thirty rolled around and Mme H and I headed back to St. Chely. I haven’t done much since because all my classes on Friday were cancelled due to an internship with the 3emes. I had a pretty relaxing weekend because no one was really around to go out which is fine with me cause I spent way too much in Montpellier!

Bisous!

1 comment: