Wednesday, March 10, 2010

An Unforgettable Birthday

The pictures are a little out of order so I'm going to start with the end of the night and then go backwards. Mme H invited me over for a soirée pizza to celebrate the birthdays of her husband, my birthday and little Paul's. (He's the son of Mme I) It was the perfect party to warm me up from my busy day with S and I'm starting to feel quite at home here in St. Chély.

Here is a photo of all the older guys at the party. The guys like to make fun of me cause I'm american but it's all in good fun. Here we have all the husbands of my women friends here in St. Chély. Aren't I lucky to have some good guys to watch out for me?

Here are my two of my birthday gifts! I got flowers from Sab, the sister in law of Mme H and a beret from C. They handed me a baguette and a bottle of wine and I started to feel french....NOT! lol. I love the photo cause it shows just how much I love french!

Here I'm blowing out my "happy birthday" candles and the 24 candles. The cake was sooo good even though M. L and I were the only ones who ate it. The others wanted my apple pie which was fine with me! Less to take home!
All in all my birthday was great! I got a manicure gift cert from Mme H, a lozère recipe book from S and E, 3 bottles of wine from the Languedoc-Roussillon, the region where I'm living (lesser known for its wines but all the same they are amazing!) among other things I'm sure i'm forgetting.

I really feel like I'm becoming a part of something here in St. Chély and though I count the days (54) until I got home it's almost as if I'm counting them because I don't want to go home and I want to stay here. I'm sure that I'll be content at home but this year, I've changed a little (hopefully for the better) and I've made myself a little life here. I'm really going to miss the people that have welcomed me into their homes and took care of the little blonde american english assistant.

Bisous

No comments:

Post a Comment