Friday, October 23, 2009

I c-a-n s-p-e-a-k s-l-o-w f-o-r y-o-u.

I got the hole drilled for my internet in my apartment! At this rate I'll have internet in about a month. :) lol.

We had a 'pique-nique' for lunch today with some of the teachers that participated. It was basically a huge potluck of 20 or so people. It wasn't something I think I 'll do again because I still get weird looks by some of the teachers. For some reason I think they think I'm retarded, slow or not worth their time to talk to. Plus I was talking to Mme A all morning in english and lesson planning with her so I was so not in french mode. I'm not stupid, I just have a hard time with noisy situations and informal vocabulary. For the record, so do most second language speakers! Arg.

I'm going to see a play tonight with Mme H and then we might go get drink at the pub nearby since her husband has a meeting and I thought it would be nice to hang out before I leave for a week.

Alas the gym, I'm going to take a week off and not run at all. I'm hoping this won't set me back too much in my stamina.

A question for the readers! I need english expressions with food!
For example: A piece of cake, I'm going nuts!....
Send me an email if you can think of any please :)

A la prochaine mes amis! ( de bruxelles)

2 comments:

  1. This is probably too late for you.

    "Best thing since sliced bread/toast."

    "You're toast."

    ReplyDelete
  2. merci bcp! mes eleves te remercie aussi!!!

    ReplyDelete