Sunday, October 25, 2009

I'm unique :)

October 24, 2009

I met this wonderful woman at the gym again this morning. She was the one who invited me to the running club on Tuesdays and Sundays but I haven’t gone yet because of my spinal issues and I think running up hills will make it worse. She told me to come next Friday that I’m in St. Chely and she’ll introduce me to all the girls my age so that I can find things age appropriate for me to do around town.

When I say age appropriate I mean that I’ve been attending events where I am THE youngest person there. I love hanging out with my teacher buddies but I really need a night out dancing, drinking and just messing around because I don’t have any responsibilities waiting for me at home.

I saw a small theatre production on Friday night with Mme H and her friend Mme I. It was pretty funny because it was a reading of Guy de Maupassant’s Contes Grivois. Literally: Smutty stories. ;) The only thing was that I only understood about 75 percent of the French. It was old fashioned language and there was a lot of colloquial knowledge needed. After the theatre, we three went to Au Bureau which is a pub by the train station. The owner was so nice as we were leaving and Mme H likes to introduce me to everyone so he took a special interest and invited me back to drink and use the internet. I’ve never gone to a bar myself and I don’t think I’m going to start now however nice the offer was.

I talked to Henry and Max via skype yesterday too! It was so nice to see some familiar faces as much as mine looked haggard. My eyes were sunken in and purple around them and I was very pale on the video screen. I’m hoping this is not a side effect of loneliness or else I’m going to look like crap very, very fast.

On a different note, I think I’ve been having too much dessert. In France, there is literally a whole aisle devoted towards single serving desserts and yogurts. For me this is like heaven in a 100g serving size. I need to stop buying them but every time I see something new I’m just dying to try. So far I haven’t had tiramisu because it’s been out of stock but my new favorite is this liegoise au café. It’s like this light coffee pudding with light whipped cream on top. YUM!

A la prochaine fois mes amis….

1 comment:

  1. You should ask my mom to take you to Liège then, since it's a francophone Belgium town, where that dessert comes from ;)

    It's supposed to be a very lively city.

    ReplyDelete